Member Care Team
If you have a heart for caring for the faith community at Gethsemane and may be interested in volunteering on this committee, please contact our Connections Coordinator, Gretchen Jenson. Thank you!
Member Care team meets roughly four times a year.
OWLS: (Older Wiser LutheranS) Lois Wind - Lead
- Organize drivers to church
- Visits and phone calls to home bound
- Communion to home bound
- Make and send uplifting cards
Life Crisis and Transitions: Vacant
- Ensures members who are going through a transition have resources they may need to help them cope.
(Birth, death, divorce, job change, housing change, surgery, moving loved ones to living assistance, addiction recovery, etc.)
Physical: Joan Williams - Lead
- Blood Pressure checks
- Blood Drives
- Replace 1st Aid Kits
- Defib machine upkeep
- Coordinate a liaison with St. Joan of Arc for similar services
Food Ministry: (Caring Casseroles and community cookies)
Upcoming events and resources:
October - Flu shots at St. Joan of Arc